When printing lecture notes, you can save paper and ink by printing 4 slides per page. The following method works with Adobe Reader 7–9 for Windows; something similar should work on a Mac.
If the slides come out too small, you probably set up multiple pages per sheet in the printer dialog, not in Adobe Reader as directed above.
- Click on the printer icon on Adobe Reader's taskbar; you get a Print dialog.
- Next to the printer name, click "Properties"; you get a dialog for your printer. Set up your printer to print in landscape mode then
click "OK" to close the printer dialog.
- Back in Adobe Reader print dialog:
- For Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet."
- For Pages per Sheet, select either "2 by 2" or "4" (the effect is the same).
- For Page Order, I would select "Vertical."
- Check "Print page border."
- Look at the preview; you should see 4 slides filling a page. If not, go back and correct what you did wrong. When it looks right, click "OK" to print your notes.